Monday, December 26, 2011

Monday, December 26, 2011

It really is Monday, but it's 1:30 in the A.M. so just barely. I needed to state what a wonderful Christmas it was before I forget what I'm feeling. I am so tired and ready to go to sleep! It really has been a wonderful day though. It started with good news on the scale...After breakfast I was curious, so I weighed myself. I normally never do it after I've eaten just because I like to do it with no food in my stomach. But, I weighed in at 204!! That means an even 20 pounds lost so far in just barely over 90 days! I was so happy! That means I've lost about 1 1/2 pounds per week. Not quite the 2 per week I started off doing, but better than the 1 per week that was/is my goal. It really has been relatively painless, very few days have I felt deprived and on the days I've gone over my calories if I would have exercised I would have been fine. My new goal for the next 90 days is to eat better food and exercise more regularly. But, if I can lose another 20 in the next 90 days, I'll be down 40 by Christen's wedding...which would put me at 184 and I would be really happy with that. That would mean I could be to my goal weight before Doug got home!
Next, Jack had to go into work, so he left early this morning and I started getting things ready for dinner. When he got home we opened presents and did all that fun stuff. We played with stuff and finished getting ready for dinner and then went to church. It's funny how times goes by so fast...it's a good thing I looked at the clock when I did or we wouldn't have even made it there. I happened to glance at the wall about 12:40...church started at 1 and I was supposed to be there early for choir! It was a good thing I had showered earlier in the day! We hurried and got ready and I ran out the door. Trevor and Sam came later, but Sam had forgotten Sunday shoes, so Jack let him use his and he stayed home. While we were at church we had the bishop check the status of Spencer's mission call and guess what!!! It's coming Wednesday!!!!!!!!! What a fantastic Christmas present! He immediately texted all of his friends planning for Wed night. What an amazing week we'll have!
After church we came home and set the tables and waited for Doug's call. We got to Skype this year and I can't believe how much I was looking forward to seeing him. Really seeing how he looked and not just how he sounded. What a blessing it was to see him. He called at 4 our time and we got to talk for an hour. It was so fun to be able to talk to him all at the same time and for everyone to hear what he had to say. It was amazing! Natalya came in the last 15 minutes or so, so he got to see her which was good. We also got to meet the Johns family who have really taken good care of Doug while he's been in Odessa. It was fun to meet their family...she came home from the hospital with her third child yesterday! I can't believe she still had the missionaries over the day after getting out of the hospital...with a 5 day old baby! What a wonderful woman! It's amazing how much it means to me to know there is someone out there that will watch after my boy when I can't.
Not too long after we hung up with Doug, Chuck and his family came over for dinner. Well, part of his family. Heather and Cameron didn't come and Christen worked all last night, so after they talked to Zac, she went home and went to bed. I'm sure she spent Christmas night with the Ivins after she woke up. So Chuck, Alysa, and Brandon were here with the 6 of us. We had a fantastic dinner with turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, green bean casserole, rolls, stuffing, pumpkin pie etc etc. I really went overboard and ate til I was sick. Then I indulged in some white chocolate popcorn. Not just a little bit either...alot. But, since starting myfitnesspal I've done really good and I decided to not worry about it for today, so I ate!
They stayed until about 8:30 and then headed home and we started watching a movie. Of course I fell asleep almost immediately and only woke up to watch the last 10 or so minutes. Now I'm awake with a growling stomach and a head ache, so it's a big drink of water and some tylenol for me, then bed.
Tomorrow ( or really today) is our family pizza party at mom and dad's, so that means up early to go shopping so we can do prep work before we head down there and then lots of work making lots of pizza for the family. It will be really good though, I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment