Friday, December 23, 2011

December 23, 2011

Friday! No school! Ah, I love it! Today's list of things to do...finish sewing pj pants, (I have hems and elastic to finish in 4 pants!) cut out and sew Natayla's pj's (Sam's financee..long story, will get to it later), shop for, make a pattern, and sew a white stocking, wrap presents. White stocking explaination...for the young women this year Trisha Barnes, our young women's president, found a poem about a white stocking and how it was supposed to be the one for the Savior and how it was empty..forgotten. The only way to fill it is with presents from us to Him ie..things we want to change, things we'll do better etc. So we sewed little white stockings for all the girls. I have been thinking about our Christmas' and how they have lacked something since the boys have gotten older and I was thinking that this might be it. So, I'm going to attempt to make a white stocking and this year for Christmas Eve..or maybe Christmas Day, since it is on a Sunday, I'm going to introduce it to the family and see what they think. They've been really good about "Secret Santa" the years we've done it and love doing things for each other. I just tend to overromanticize things like this and then get irritated when Jack isn't as excited about it as I am and I feel like he sabotages it. Sometimes I get really tired of doing things on my own, so I just don't even try. Now, I'm not going to make this blog negative. I have thought about that alot these last couple of days and tried to decide what I wanted this to be...real, get it all out there, my one place to complain and say everything I'm thinking...or keep it nice because my kids might read it some day, stay positive because only negative things come from thinking and writing negatively, convince myself that I can handle things. I've decided to keep it positive. Maybe my kids will find this and I don't want them to think I'm always unhappy or I thought things were horrible, because I'm not and things aren't. I have a great life with a super family, a husband who loves me and takes care of me. That's what I want my kids to read and take from this if they ever do read it. I'm sure I'll slip and need to vent once in awhile, but that is life.
So, lots of things to do today, oh, plus I think I'm going to try to bake something for the neighbors. There's lots of years we haven't done anything, and maybe it still won't happen, but I'm going to try.
This morning I weighed 205 still which I am happy about. Wednesday Rebecca, Michele, Michelle, Roseann, and Tammy and I went to Zupa's for lunch, then yesterday Mr. Wallace brought in Melina's for the staff, so I've had 2 days of lots of food. I was a little worried about all of that, but so far it's not been bad. But, I have tried to stay away from all the treats. I did really good at school, didn't have anything! We've had a few treats dropped off and so far I haven't indulged. It's amazing how writing everything down with immediate consequences (calories, fat etc recorded right then) stops some behaviors. Everytime I think about getting something, I stop and wonder how hard it's going to be to record this and whether or not it's worth it. So far very few things have been worth it. It really has paid off though..down 19 pounds in 3 months...I just hope it continues to come off. I have about 40 left to go and I'm really hoping I'll have another 20 by March and Christen's wedding. Then have the rest gone by Sam's wedding in August. What a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment