Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sunday, January 20. 2013

Another week down, another week of school, work, laundry, cleaning, eating, making messes, not wanting to clean them up, wasting time, being productive, etc etc. I will be glad to have New Beginnings over this Wednesday. There has been a lot to do to get ready for it and I know it's not really true but I have felt a disproportionate amount of work has been given to me. I think it's because of the stress between Trish and Katie, but I will be really glad that it is over. I know things are always like this before something big so I'm trying to not get too worked up about it all. There is still lots to do and we're getting close on time. Today and tomorrow (holiday, no school, no Wendy's...YAY!!) I will spend getting all the last minute things done...my ending talk, projector borrowed, stepping stones done with girls, cake picks made. Plus I am determined to get Christmas put away as well. I always do this...make big long lists of things to do on my days off, but this is stuff that has got to be done or there will be trouble! Oh, I also want to get as much done as possible on Alysa's baby set. Reo-Marie was born this past week so I need to hurry and get her present done. Nope, not too much to do in not enough time. Of course it would help if I wouldn't spend so much time on the computer doing silly things and wasting all that time. I've also been struggling with my skin this past week or so. My face is so dry I am flaking and I look like I'm 70 years old. I'm writing this down now and tagging it so next winter when it happens again I can look back and see that it was about this time. It seems like it happens every winter about now, but I haven't really written it down to keep track. I'm also trying to decide if it has anything to do with what I am using to wash my face with. Right now I am using Oil of Olay plus some coconut oil with frankincense and lavender in it. I started with the Oil of Olay only and that wasn't working...dried my skin out a little. Then I started using the oil with frank in it because frankincense is supposed to be good for the skin and age spots. That seemed to make it worse...or is it just because of the freezing cold temperatures..not sure. So then I put the lavender with it and it still is horrible, so I stopped using the coconut oil thinking that might be making it worse. Instead I just added the frank and lavender straight to the lotion. It still is bad...it's hard to say to what degree if any not using the coconut oil has helped or maybe it's because it hasn't been in the single digits temperature-wise any more. Who knows...but my conclusion is this...next month I am going to buy some Mary Kay. I have got to do something about this because not only do I feel like I want to scratch my face off, I look terrible. I'm drinking lots of water to make sure dehydration isn't part of the problem as well. I seem to remember doing this with Mary Kay as well, but we'll just have to see next year. There has got to be something that I can do to stop this from happening every winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment