Happy Birthday Eva! Today of all days I wish you were here. I wish your daughter could talk to you, not just spiritually, but physically, to say out loud all she is thinking and for her to be able to look into your eyes and see the expression on your face. I wish she could feel your arms around her holding her for the last time before she becomes a wife. I wish her dad could be with her in the temple. I am such a poor replacement for you. I know you can see her and see what a wonderful person she is. She is so happy! I've never seen her like this before. She has found an amazing man to marry. I love the way they look at each other, such love and devotion is in that look. They have what you and Chuck have and I am so grateful for that. I know you will be with her, have been with her, and will continue to be with her. But tomorrow especially, I pray she can feel you, smell you, know, beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are there beside her. I know that seems like I'm asking for a lot, but I know that it's possible and it seems like small compensation for having to be without you for so long here. I hope that she knows how much I love her and you. You have a wonderful family and soon they'll pull it back together again. Christen and Zac have made an impact on the rest of the family and I'm so grateful for the choices they have made. I have hope for Brandon and Alysa and Chuck. Heather is such a sweet, wonderful girl, oh how I hope she can pull herself together and let herself be happy. What can I do for her? How do I help her see what she is missing? I would love a magic pill that would allow me to see exactly what to say and when to say it and know that it made a difference in her. All I can think to do is to love her and that's a start.
Happy 46th Birthday to one of the most wonderful people I'll ever know.
No comments:
Post a Comment